Sunday, April 29, 2012

C4T #4 Summary

Wesley Fryer
computers on airplanes
For this C4T I was assigned to Wesley Fryer. Wesley Fryer is definitely one beyond words. I would definitely like to meet him because he writes some pretty interesting blog posts. In Wesley Fryer's first blog post that I commented on, he writes about all the amazing uses of his phone. He also writes about how he is blogging on an airplane from 36,000 feet in the air! That amazed me. He is a very dedicated blogger to say the least. He was taking a flight from a conference in phoenix back home to Oklahoma City. His post was about his first time using inboard in-flight WiFi on an airplane. He updates different airline ticket prices and other interesting things on his cell phone.

Here is my comment for Wesley Fryer: Hi there Wesley Fryer! I am an EDM310 student at the University of South Alabama. I was assigned to you blog my professor, Dr. Strange. I thought your blog was great and very informative about how technology has developed and grown thus far. I recently got a smartphone so I am now using all of the media that is made available for people. Just this weekend, I had visited New Orleans, LA and I had to use my GPS. Without the GPS, I probably would have ended up in Texas somewhere. So I am pretty dependent on my new smartphone. I love how I can receive and reply to emails from my fellow classmates and my professors. Another APP that I am thrilled to have is Skype. I have always been a fan of the standard Skype that I have on my computer, but now that I have one on my phone, I am set! Thanks for posting such a lovely post about your trip and your technology uses! An EDM student at the University of South Alabama Emilie Rinehart.

Wesley Fryer's second blog post that I commented on was very heartfelt for me. The blog post was about a video that was shared at his church one Sunday morning. The video is done by a young lady who has undergone several surgeries since birth. I can only imagine the struggles this young lady and her family have been through over the years. The video is a remake of the song by David Phelps: No More Night. She remakes this song by doing a touching sign language performance. This video really touched me because I know sign language and I have seen some of the difficulties that people go through with hearing impaired handicaps. I wanted to show the two YouTube videos so everyone could see how touching they really are. I commented to on his blog by telling him how much his blog post impacted me and I told his about my church and how we have a session designated to those who are hearing impaired.

No comments:

Post a Comment