Sunday, April 22, 2012

Creativity and Curiosity: My Thoughts- Special Post #12A

Creativity and Curiosity
I personally do believe schools destroy curiosity and creativity in schools. A lot of school systems require their teachers to have a strict lesson plan and only teach on certain topics. I think boundaries are good but to really embrace the growing mind, we should expand our teaching and learning boundaries. A lot of schools allow creativity and curiosity to be destroyed because they want a black and white system with nothing in between. I think students should have a little bit of grey. The grey is a prime example of opposite of the old fashion way of learning and teaching. I do not think students are actually learning anything. They are so focused and their minds are so drilled on having things memorized to pass their chapter tests.
Curiosity and creativity

I definitely believe a curriculum can be developed to increase creativity and curiosity. I think it may be tough to get everyone within the system on board, but I believe it is possible! I think by incorporating short projects, games, and sideshows within the lesson plan,students could gain more prospective and stay in tune with the topic to be learned. I know there is always a more creative and engaging way to teach. We as educates just need to do a little more research to discover it. I think if the curriculum can get the students attention and allows them in interact then I believe the curiosity will be increases. I like games that you can play that include vocab words. Students like to feel like they are having fun while learning.

Creativity
I truly believe teachers actions can increase curiosity and creativity. As a future educator, I think we must keep our students interested in learning and learning even more. I want to be the teacher who would spend extra time to make sure his/her students know the material rather than just get the lesson plan done on time or as quickly as possible.

2 comments:

  1. "We as educates just need to do a little more ..." as educators not as educates

    "I believe the curiosity will be increases...." increased not increases

    What about you and curiosity and creativity?

    Proofread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dr. Strange. I need to proofread more..

    ReplyDelete