Sunday, April 22, 2012

C4K Summary for April

For the Month of April we were assigned to Mrs. Cassidy's class. We were told that these comments that were reading were apart of the "World Challenge". For this challenge we were assigned to one student from Mrs. Cassidy's class and we were suppose to continue to comment throughout the month of April. However, my student that I was assigned to did not have anymore current posts so I went back and commented on ones from the past. My last comment for C4K's was a different student. My first student I commented on was Jadein who is from Vancouver, Canada and Dylan who is a first grader from Moose Jaw, Canada.
Sock Monkey
The comment to Jadein that I commented on was her blog post about a book she read. Her blog post is entitled, The Sock Monkey Blog. I thought that was so cute because I grew up having a sock money. A sock monkey is a soft monkey stuffed animal. The book that Jadein wrote about is called "Silverwing". I thought it was so neat that she made a book trailer. It was right around the same time that we were assigned to making our own book trailers. She wrote a short summary of why she enjoyed the book and then had the book trailer right below it. This is what Jadein wrote: "Sliverwing is an fantastic book about a young bat named Shade who has to battle his way back to his family. This book will leave you on the top of your chair with amazement. You won’t want to stop reading it. I can’t properly describe it with words, so maybe pictures will do it better. This book is so great I made a book trailer for you, because everything I said is absolutely true. Oh yay!"

This is my comment back to Jadein: "Hi there Jadein! My name is Emilie and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I like the title of your blog, “The Sock Monkey Blog”. I use to have a sock monkey when I was younger. I thought it was neat that you did a book trailer because I was recently assigned one for my EDM310 class. I made my book trailer on a book called, “Hidden Feast”. This book was about a barn yard party. Mine was similar to yours! You did a great job making your book trailer because I definitely would like to read the book Silverwing! Do you have any other books that you would consider making a book trailer for? I look forward to hearing back from you Jadein. Good luck with your future book trailers. Thanks for the great post, Emilie"

My Second post to Jadein was a previous post she had written on New Years Revolution 2012. In this blog post she talks about how she wants to make goals for different parts of her life. I thought it was so smart of her to break her goals down into categories so she could have a clear understanding of what she was trying to accomplish. Jadein has a personal goal, a local goal, a global goal, and a school goal. This is Jadein's blog post: "Want to hear about my New Year’s resolutions? I’m not going to make a few resolutions then fail before January even ends. 80% of New Year’s resolutions fail right in peoples’ faces because they think it’s just going to happen, so we are trying to be that 20% that succeeds. It’s going to be hard but I think I’m going to live…..”sigh”….. I should be more happy about it, right? I should think more about the resolutions. Some people are thinking more about “the end of the world”. I personally believe the world is NOT going to end and I don’t get why people are fussing about it. If the world really does, I would probably make the best of it. But I should probably talk about how New Years started, right? I have no choice, anyways. New Year’s started in Mesopotamia 4000 years ago in Sumer. Have you heard about Mesopotamia or Sumer? Mesopotamia was one of the first civilizations and Sumer was a kingdom in it. This all took place where Iraq is today. Back then New Year’s resolutions weren’t about quitting smoking and losing weight. It was mostly about growing healthy crops. We took it and made it to our own thing – all thanks to the Mesopotamians! My New Years resolutions: Personal Goal: My personal goal is to go outside more because I’m bored of staying inside all day. I don’t play any sports and don’t go to any groups that involve being out in nature. I’m just that type of person, I guess. I only like to stay inside, play video games, and be on the Internet! It’s a BIG part of my life and that’s why I want to change it. My plan is to hangout with friends more and take my dogs for long, scenic walks. Global Goal: My global goal is to make more blog posts. As I said in my personal goal, the Internet is a large part of my life, but, the one thing I didn’t say is I don’t make enough blog posts and since it is a part of my grade it would be better for me to do so. My plan is to put my posts in my own words because this blog is about about me and what I care about. The more I put in my own words the more happy I will feel, which obviously will make me less miserable. I can also teach others about global issues which can help people be aware of what’s going anywhere in the world. Maybe it could help change the world and make it a better place and more accomodating and accepting to others. Local Goal: My local goal is to recycle more because sometimes the recycling is all gross and makes my family look like we don’t care about healthy choices. We have a home and I want it to look nice and help out my neighbourhood and community. My mom gets mad when I haven’t sorted and cleaned up our recycling. If I can remember to do it more often or build a schedule for it I will be able to stay on top of what it should be like and avoid what it has come to be. School Goal: My school goal is to do more work because I don’t like being behind on my school work and leaving school with a ton of homework. Since I came to this school, it’s been better and right now I’m pretty on task, but if I can get better at it now, then I will be prepared for next year in highh school. I don’t want it to be like grade five again when I had so much homework, it hurt my back just looking at it. My plan is to stay organized with my work, like what homework should I do first or finding out what’s overdue and what’s SUPER-overdue. Writing this super long post is my first step! I have a plan. I will succeed."

Here is my comment for Jadein:Hi there Jadein! Your blog post about having a New Year’s resolution was great! It is a very good idea to have goal. I make a conscious effort to establish new goals for myself. I like how you separated your goals into categories. It is great to keep your goals organized so you will come closer to achieving them! I am definitely like you, I need to set aside a goal to go outside more. With technology evolving, we tend to stay in and serve the internet and play on play stations. I also like how you want to make more blog posts for you global goals. I am in EDM310 and we are assigned blogs every week. After I am through with this class I will definitely further my blogging. I am having so much fun commenting on other blogs and browsing!

Bicycle

My last blog post that I commented on for April was for Dylan's blog in Mrs. Cassidy's class. His blog was a short blog but I tried to ask him questions about why he liked to ride his bike and what his favorite art work was at the museum he went to. this is Dylan's blog post: "Me and deion went on buesugls (bikes)and we went to the ortmeuzeyum (Art Museum)toogethr" I commented back to Dylan by asking him what type of weather he likes to ride his bike in and what type of Art work he enjoyed to look at when he goes to the museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment