Sunday, March 4, 2012

C4K Summaries for February

Comments for Kids Photo


My first comment for kids was for Youssef. I commented on his post about his school. Youssef shared about how much he enjoyed his school. He talked about the great activities his school offered. He mentioned Crayola Day and Twin day. I had never heard of either so I asked him to explain them to me. Youssef stated that the school incorporates Islam into the curriculum. He seemed to really like that. He mentioned how he loved going on field trips to Catalina Island and Big Rock Creek.
I commented back on Youssef's blog by telling how I thought it was wonderful that his school allowed the students to practice and learn Islam. I also asked him if he would explain to me what Crayola Day was and what twin day was. Those seemed really interesting to me. I told him that when I was younger I liked to go on field trips also. I asked him what his favorite place was that he visited on his field trip.

My second comment for kids was for Jordi. She talked about her new baby cousin in her blog post. She wrote how she already loved her new cousin so much and how holidays were so much more special with a new member to the family. Jordi talked about how shopping for her new cousin is a lot of fun and new to her. She also asked weather or not the viewer of her blog post has a baby cousin. Jordi also included a very well put together video of her cousin.
I began commenting on Jordi's post by telling her that I do not have a baby cousin but that I do have a baby niece. I asked her what all she bought her baby cousin when she went shopping. I also complimented her on her well made video of her baby cousin. I told Jordi that I thought she would make such a wonderful role model for her cousin and a great babysitter.

My third comment for kids was for Aliyah in Ms. Eppele's class. Aliyah talks about sportsmanship in her classroom and how she feels that her class is currently lacking it. She said that some of her classmates liked to rub it in the other students faces that they won.
When I commented back to Aliyah, I told her that I agreed with her about sportsmanship. I told her that I felt everyone should lose once in their life to prevent them from becoming a permanent sore loser. I told her to continue having good sportsmanship and being a good leader. I told her that her classmates would most likely follow her mature lead.

My Forth comment for kids was for SP7 CK. This student is in Mrs. T.G.'s class and from Iowa. The blog post that I chose to read and comment on was titled "Why we deserve stickers." This student listed five reasons to why she believed her class deserved stickers. The student said that the class worked quietly during tests, got good grades because they all studied hard, listened in class, respected the teacher, and read diligently.
I commented back telling the student that stickers were always my favorite in school. I mentioned to the student that stickers always made me and my fellow students feel like were were being the best students we could be. I told this students that the reasons listed for receiving stickers were really good ones. I would definitely want a class as motivated and hard working as the one Mrs. T.G has. I think positive reinforcement is a great way to produce successful students.

1 comment:

  1. Did you follow up to see if anyone answered any of your questions?

    Very interesting set of kids!

    ReplyDelete