Sunday, March 11, 2012

Blog Post # 7

The Network Student by Wendy Drexler
Networking
The video I watched, the network student, by Wendy Drexler explains what the criteria is to be a network student. I enjoyed this video because I am currently a networking student and I like how the teacher encourages her students to use social networking to learn. To have a network, one must create a PLN so their specific site and daily resources will be at their fingertips. I think networking is both important for teachers and students. The video also shows how the teacher "teaches" in the network. The PLN (Personal Learning Network) is made up of websites for learning, friends, classmates, new, etc. I think it is neat how students can connect with one another to find out how to figure out assignment. Also, teachers converse with one another to discuss what they are learning and also they talk about lesson planning.

Personal Learning Networks

A Seventh Grader's Personal Learning Network

After watching this video I thought to myself, "I definitley can create my very own PLN (Personal Learning Network)." I liked how organized her PLN was. Her PLN was similar to mine. We both had many tiles that are associated with our studies. My PLN has tiles for the news, my EDM310 class, my email, my blogger, resources for my future classroom. I have my PLN organize in order to the things I use the most on the top left corner to the bottom left corner.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Emilie! Good job on your blog post. The use of links and pictures work well. My PLN is very similar to yours also. I found making this very interesting and helpful for the future. Good luck with your other post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jasmine! I agree, Personal Learning Networks are essential for the growth of our educational experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teachers also have to create the environment in which learning takes place. that is a challenge a lot of teachers never think about. They just want to follow the plans of others. That often does not work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see where you are coming from Dr. Strange. I understand that concept I just did not express it in my blog. Creating the learning environment can be tough, but I intend on making my own plan and using my own creative talents in my clasroom. :)

    ReplyDelete