Friday, February 10, 2012

C4T #1 Assignment

Educon

I found Hadley's Blog Post full of energy and very refreshing. She posted this Blog on January 27, 2012. The first thing that I read was about Hadley heading to Educon. First and foremost, Educon , is a conference set up for educators and administrators from all over the world to get together to create organized dialogue. The teachers begin Educon with visiting with one another and connecting with fellow teachers from past conferences. This conference is a weekend long session filled activities such as: sharing teaching techniques, learning, and conversing. There are many ideas that are discussed and presentations that will be shared. Hadley states that her brain and heart in many ways will be bursting by the end of the long weekend. She has such a desire to better herself as an educator and reach the full potential of each student she has in her classroom.

I commented on Hadley's post on Educon by first of all introducing myself as a student at South Alabama and a student in Dr. Strange's EDM310 class. I told Hadley how important I thought it was to have a conference such as Educon. Sharing ideas and presentations with fellow educators and administrators is such a wonderful idea and I think as future educators we should all attend such a conference. Learning from one another's experiences and making changes to their teaching techniques to better the futures of their students is fantastic. I asked Hadley is anyone could attend Educon because I feel it would make me a successful future educator. I told her how wonderful her survial plan was for getting through the weekend at Educon. I really did enjoy her blog because it was insightful and full of positive energy. Hadley is such a wonderful teacher and influence for future educators. I hope I become a teacher like her, dedicated and ambitious.

 Educon Conferences

I found Hadly's second post, Takeaways from Educon just as exhilarating as her previous blog post that I read. This was ultimately a follow up on Hadley's trip to the weekend Educon conference. She states that she felt the power of the people within the conference. She says that one of the biggest challenges is for the conversations to actually arise among educators and administrators. There is a presenter at the conference whose goal is to get people to talk with each other, learn, and share together. Hadley states, "Educon is not for the faint of heart or the passive. Teachers and administrators don’t come to Educon unless they want to grow and develop their practice." I feel as a future educator we should not be lazy teachers but embrace our students. We should allow ourselves to find the full potential of our students so they can learn and be successful. In Educon, Teachers and administrators find ways to do so. I loved reading Hadley's follow up on her trip to Educon. I hope that future Educon conference come near the southern states because I think it would benefit me as a future educator to attend a conference. I would love to get to know educator and administrators from all over the world.

My second comment for Hadley's blog was for the blog Takeaways from Educon. I began telling Hadley how powerful her blog was and how excited her blog left me. I told her that her statement about how “Educon is not for the faint of heart or the passive.”, made me realize how my choice to become an educator will always be the right choice for me. I told Hadley that I want to become a teacher like her, who wants to not only reach out to all students but lead them in the direction of success. I want to attend an Educon conference so I can grow as a future educator and learn from fellow teachers. This is a fantastic tool that we as educators need to embrace and use as much as we can. A tool that allows us to share, learn, and talk to people from all over world is incredible. I am so pleased that I was assigned to Hadly's Blog. She has opened my eyes in a totally new way. I want to learn with fellow educators and administrators like Hadly.

No comments:

Post a Comment