Sunday, February 19, 2012

Blog Post #4

Judy Scharf's Podcast Collection

An iPod for podcasts

In Judy Scharf's Brief summary of what a podcast is, she explains that the term "podcast" actually is a cross between "broadcast" and "iPod". Judy talks about how a podcast is a "radio-style" talk show which may include music and is useful in the classroom for any subject. Judy informs us that a podcast is simply a type of digital media. A podcast is a wonderful tool to share information with millions of people around the world just through the internet. To make a podcast, all you need is a microphone, a computer, and the software for your computer, which Judy tells us is free to download. Judy includes two links, the first link is one on YouTube which shows you how create your podcast and what tools and downloads you must have to do so. The second video is on Teacher Tube, an instructional video that also shows you in detail how to create a podcast and how to use iTunes in the classroom. I felt both videos would come in handy when I make my podcast for EDM310.
I definitely plan to use podcast in my future classroom. I think podcasts will give students the time to show their voices and present their assignments in a more vocal way. I am excited to learn how to make my own podcast so I can become an expert for my students.
The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom
This video by Joe Dale is done by using an actually podcast. He talks about how podcasting focuses on the higher levels of Blooms taxonomy and allows for creativity and innovation. The video also talks about how podcasts offer a new and relevant way of learning for students. The students become more engaged and excited about learning. After the huge outbreak of the iPod, podcasts have become more and more popular. I like the idea of podcasts in my future classroom because it will allow students to have a higher level of learning and it will definitely allow them to learn significantly. If a child were to ever be sick for an extended amount of time, podcast will come in handy to allow students to get the important information they may need or they have missed. I am excited about creating my own podcast.
I enjoyed visiting Langwitches Blog because it was filled with a lot of useful information about twitter, Skype, a lot about iPads, and podcasts. Langwitches likes uses podcasts because it is a great way learn many different types of languages. She does a lot of documenting and provides a lot of tools on her blogs that I would definitely use. The one I would use is, Story Telling with the iPad, I think this is a great tool for teachers to use in the classroom for their students to learn languages. One Langwitches blog there is also storykits for students which I think will be very useful.

2 comments:

  1. Thorough, thoughtful, well done! I look forward to listening to your podcast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dr. Strange! I am excited about making mine and a little nervous too; but I know the sites and resources that I have been looking at will help A LOT.

    ReplyDelete